Sunrise Children’s Services Early Childhood Education Preschool Program has been providing high quality services to families with typically developing children, children with developmental disabilities and those “at-risk” for developmental delays for over 28 years. We offer a fully licensed and NAC-accredited developmental preschool and provide programming focused on a child’s cognitive, language, physical, social and emotional development. Our students learn and play in an inclusive, all-abilities learning environment.
Our national accreditation with The National Accreditation Commission for Early Care and Education Programs demonstrates our commitment to quality performance using research-based criteria and evidence-based practices. We also are a Gold Seal Quality Care Program. This program acknowledges child care facilities that are accredited by a nationally recognized association and whose standards reflect quality child care.
Our classrooms use The Creative Curriculum, a project-based module designed to support investigations in science and social studies while developing skills in literacy, math, the arts, and physical development. This customizable curriculum balances both teacher-directed and child-initiated learning with an emphasis on responding to a child’s learning style. The Creative Curriculum not only makes learning exciting, but relevant for every child. Weekly lesson plans are created that are individualized to meet each child’s learning style. Students learn best when lessons match their interest and individual abilities. Individualized lesson plans and instruction are critical to reach each one of our students.
Hillsborough County Healthcare Plan - a comprehensive free managed care program for Hillsborough County residents with limited income and assets who do not qualify for other health care coverage, including Medicare and Medicaid. The program is funded by a special sales tax and administered by Hillsborough County. There are no premiums or copays for services covered by the Hillsborough County Health Care Plan.
Rates for the Early Childhood Education Preschool Program are as follows:
6 weeks to 11 months
12 - 23 Months
24 - 36 Months
36 - 48 Months
4 - 5 Years Old
• Serves children 6 weeks to 12 months
• Provides children the nurturance, support, and care that promotes cognitive, language, social, and emotional development
• Serves children ages 13 months to 24 months
• Focuses on building trusting relationships, communication skills, confidence, and self-esteem
• Parents and teachers work together on compatible, consistent routines that will lead to success for the child
• Serves children ranging in age from 24 to 36 months
• Focuses on developing their receptive and expressive language skills, fine and gross motor skills, social/emotional skills, and sensory skills
• Parents and teachers will work together on compatible, consistent routines that will lead to success for the child
• Serves children ages 30 to 48 months
• Includes structured lesson plans to guide these children as they become problem solvers and lifelong learners
• Learning centers are set up around the room to provide opportunities for children to freely choose an activity and work with other children as they develop early literacy and math skills, creativity, and science exploration
• Serves children ages 40 months and older
• Teachers plan activities that support children’s ever-changing interests, and the children design and work together to develop projects using a real-world application of basic and higher-level thinking skills
• Introduction and emphasis on academic subjects such as alphabet and phonics skills, mathematical thinking skills, and handwriting skills