Sunrise Community of Central Florida has been actively engaged with its local Kiwanis for more than a decade. This holiday season various members of Lakeland's club have been supporting the Salvation Army by helping them raise funds at a local Publix. The Kiwanis' Aktion Club is the only service club for adults with disabilities. It has more than 12,000 members worldwide. aKtion is club aligned with Sunrise's mission to "ensure that people of all abilities have the assistance and support necessary to enable them to live valued lives in the community."
The aKtion Club Members support the:
Motto: Where development has no disability.
Vision: To develop competent, capable, caring leaders through the vehicle of service.
Mission: To provide adults living with disabilities an opportunity to develop initiative, leadership skills and to serve their communities.
- Character Building: The ability to the right thing, even when it might be the unpopular choice
- Leadership: The ability to listen, communicate, serve and guide others
- Inclusiveness: Accepting and welcoming differences in other people
- Caring: The act of being concerned about or interested in other people or situations
- I pledge on my honor to follow the Objects of Aktion Club.
- To better my community,my country and myself.
- To help those in need.
- To demonstrate loyalty to our community and nation.
- And to encourage others to do the same